Archive for Uncategorized
Build Your List and Database With Your Book
Are you using your book to build your list?
This is an important question. Having an email list is essential to author success. Your list serves your book marketing strategies in many ways:
- You can invite your list to your live and virtual events and signings
- When you have new books or products (or sales) you can generate sales and social energy from your list
- Your list is more likely to buy from you than your audience on social platforms
What strategies can you use to have your E-book help you build your list?
- In your E-book put links to your website (with an optin on your webpage for a free product)
- Have links in your E-book to downloadable products or resources on your webpage (which requires the reader to input an email address to access the resource)
- Have a webinar as part of your E-book launch and the registrations to webinars will help build your list.
I had the pleasure of interviewing Ellen Violette, an E-book expert and coach who helps authors gain instant credibility and success with Best Seller KDP Launches. Ellen made the whole process of getting a book done so much easier! Ellen talked about the many ways to get your content into an E-book in 3 hours.
You can listen to the webinar here:
3 Hour E-Books
We live in a great era to get your content and message out to the world in multiple formats. E-books is one such format. I had the pleasure of interviewing Ellen Violette, an E-book expert and coach who helps authors gain instant credibility and success with Best Seller KDP Launches. You can listen to the webinar here:
My publisher has our books on Kindle, and this has had some great advantages for us, such as:
- Much more cost effective to send book reviewers a Kindle ebook version of your book than a print book.
- There is no printing and shipping costs.
- More people are moving from print books to E-books.
You can see an example of our books on Kindle here:
Here are a few BIG Take Away Tips From Ellen Violette:
- You can make other products from your book. Once you have an E-book you can also create an audio version, tip sheets, work books and more.
- E-books can help you to build your list. Ellen suggested putting links to downloadable resources (your own) that people access from your website by opting in. You can also put a link to a bonus gift or another one of your book inside the book to build your list.
- To get started, here are a few things from Ellen to remember – Choose a title that has great key word optimization (Ellen explains this in the webinar, see link above), create your outline and then talk your book or write your book. Remember, one hour of talking will be about 40 pages of content in your book. This is how you can create an ebook with minimal time investment.
- You can interview people or be interviewed yourself and then the content of the interviews forms the content for the book.
Listen to Ellen talk in more detail about these tips and the important steps to follow in this webinar replay which you can access here: https://app.webinarjam.net/register/21717/02722ccf75